In the ever-changing digital world, it can feel overwhelming to think of what to post next and how to show your personality on social media. We can all get nervous when showing up online and we worry about how much of ‘us’ to share! Yet it’s important to remind ourselves that establishing a strong personal brand on social media is not just a passing trend, it’s a necessity.
People buy from people. Your online presence is a powerful tool for connecting with your customers, networking with other professionals and establishing trust in your brand. Therefore it’s crucial to be brave and share your personality and face with the world!
Personal branding shoots
There’s no better way to show your personality on social media than by investing in a personal branding shoot. A successful personal brand shoot is not just about showcasing your professionalism; it’s about revealing the identity behind the business.
We’ve all seen our share of stuffy corporate headshots that tell us absolutely nothing about a person. Instead I like to encourage my clients to shine by having a little fun at their personal brand shoot! We can carefully incorporate your personality into the shoot, leaving you with a collection of images that authentically represent who you are.
The goal is to leave a lasting impression of your brand values on your prospective clients, and what better way to do that than by letting your true self shine through in every image! With a little planning before your personal brand shoot, you will receive a bank of photos ready to express yourself in every social media post.
Top tips for showing your personality in your personal branding shoot
- Define Your Brand Identity: Before you book your shoot, think about the ‘why’ behind what motivates you in business and what makes you tick personally. What values, interests, and quirks make you stand out from the rest of the crowd? You may want to spend some time writing down notes or discussing this with friend, mentor or your brand designer. Knowing your brand identity in detail will shape our choices when it comes to the vibe of your personal branding shoot.
- Proper Planning: Once you have defined your brand identity, it’s time to get planning! Branding shoots require careful consideration of locations, wardrobe and props. Start a Pinterest board to save inspiration and book a consultation with me to talk through your ideas.
- Choosing a Location: The backdrop of your shoot will significantly impact the overall look, so choose a location that suits your sense of style, or reflects where you spend your time. For example, if you’re a creative, a paint-splattered studio or a gritty alleyway might be fitting. Or a cosy coffee shop is great if you love to settle down with a brew ready for the working day.
- Incorporate Personal Items: Bring along personal props that you love and are distinctly ‘you.’ For example, a favourite mug or notebook, or props that represent your hobbies and interests. This not only showcases your personality but also attracts like-minded followers.
- Express Yourself: Your body language speaks volumes about who you are. Put your trust in me to guide you through expressive poses and gestures and don’t be afraid to be a little silly at times! Although we might not use every shot, working through a range of poses helps you to relax and allows me to capture your best self. A personal branding shoot with me is a collaboration: it’s a safe space to share ideas, so don’t be afraid to communicate what feels authentic to you.
- Behind-the-Scenes Moments: Sometimes the most genuine expressions come from unscripted moments that are off-the-cuff. I’ll talk to you throughout your shoot (sometimes telling the odd bad joke!) so that I can capture your natural laughter and expressions. We can also photograph behind-the-scenes glimpses of your daily life or working routine. These images can foster a sense of intimacy and relatability for your customers.
What should I wear to my personal branding shoot?
The clothes we wear are the biggest factor expressing our personalities. So it’s no surprise I’m asked ‘What should I wear to my personal branding shoot?‘ so often! The short answer is, opt for outfits that align with your brand image while allowing your individuality to shine. And for the long answer, click on the link above!
Show your personality on social media with a personal branding shoot
In the fast-paced realm of social media, where attention spans are so very fleeting, it’s crucial to stand out from the crowd. So how can you show your personality on social media? By consciously infusing your personality into your online presence with carefully curated personal branding shots, you can create a compelling social media persona that resonates with your audience.
Remember, the key is not just to be seen but to be remembered for being uniquely you in the digital landscape. Professional and engaging photographs showing yourself and what you do will never go out of fashion!